Thursday, May 29, 2014

Teaching Science in my classroom

Honestly, Science and Math as a teacher intimidates me just a bit. However, I am excited to teach it because I feel like I am wanted to learn more and extend myself with these subjects. In my classroom, and when science is being taught I don't want my students to think it is now specifically "science time". We may be focusing on the Science Standards but pulling in so many activities students don't really know they are learning. Interactive and Inquiry based Science learning is key inside my classroom. I want students to have the responsibility of a scientist and feel like they have a job like scientists do. In the beginning of the year and while creating my classroom community, I want to introduce the idea that they are ALL scientists and they have jobs as students and children to help the grown up scientist investigate specific ideas.

Ms Frizzle, gave responsibility to her class of their own learning. She had many magic tools to help with that however in the end she let the students scaffold it for themselves. I want to be my own Ms. Frizzle in my own way. I might not have the Magical Bus but I do have Red Curly Hair! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment