Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Socrates View

When I was doing my research about Socrates, I found this quick 7 minute video about Socrates.

This video goes more in depth of why people didn't like his ideas of who needed to be educated and what happen to Socrates because of it. My question is if Socrates didn't stand up for his idea how would education be viewed today, would it have been changed at all? Would a another philosopher come up this idea? Just really interested his ideas about education.

http://youtu.be/k2KzymrmNa0

3 comments:

  1. Hmm? He was a different guy wasn't he? I wonder if his ideas were just too radical for the time, or if he would be viewed the same way if her were alive in 2014. I was trying to think of someone that I could compare him too in modern time...but I can't really come up with anyone. Maybe people like that really don't become influential figures until they die? And did he really know that? Something to ponder....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that a lot of times people don't start paying attention to influential figures until they die.

      Delete
  2. Considering Socrates' end, modern teachers don't have as much to fear from bad administrator reviews....

    ReplyDelete